A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, June 20, 2011

List of things

So I have something to post. Yay? Anyway, here's a list of things I'm working on at the moment.
  1. Placement tests
    Seriously, I've been such a procrastinator on this. Explanation: the university I'm going to in the fall requires us to take placement exams in math, physics, and writing so they can put us into something remedial if we stink or, best case scenario, we get to test out of stuff! I'm hoping to do really well on the math, and I'm hoping to not utterly fail the physics. Oh, and I'm going to take the optional placement exam for chemistry so I can hopefully test into organic chemistry!
    Of course, since only about a maximum of 10 people test out in each category each year, it's pretty stiff competition, so *crosses fingers*.
  2. JulNo Outline
    I've been sitting on this way too long, but I started my outline last night. It's going, um, okay. I think I have an overall idea where everything is going; it's just the nitty-gritty that's eluding me.
  3. Library work
    I seriously have no idea why I decided to intern there this summer. I don't need the service, and it's kind of exhausting. I'm basically going in almost every day. I guess it counts as my summer job, except without the monetary benefit.
  4. Reading books
    I'm so hopelessly behind on my 100 books thing, it's not even funny. At the moment, I'm reading Charlotte Bronte's Villette on my Kindle, and all the French is starting to piss me off and make me wish I'd taken that instead of German. I've also downloaded some other stuff, though, like Prisoner of Zenda and Vanity Fair (which are, hopefully, completely in English).
    Also, I'm planning on taking some time to read a bunch of Shakespearean plays. I mean, it's one thing to blame my school for not having any Shakespeare, but I've graduated high school. It's entirely on my own shoulders to learn now. Not that it wasn't before; it's just more clear now that that's the case.
Just a snippet of what's going on with me at the moment. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get my ass in gear on some calculus.

No comments:

Post a Comment